Walk With Us in 2017
This summer, 61 Isaiah Ministries will host over 150 people from 15 mission teams. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that is required for each of these teams. To help the mission teams have the most impact, we need summer missionaries to serve for multiple weeks throughout the summer. We have been praying for God to send more workers to the harvest fields of Honduras. We pray that you will be one of them! Our heart is to share Christ, disciple followers, help those in need, and build relationships. Our team motto is “Come Walk with Us.” This is an invitation for you to come walk with the 61 Isaiah Team.
2017 Mission Trips:
- North Carolina: February 7-12 Last year this was a new partnership that we are were so excited about it. They returned this year to walk with us.
- FBC Sanger: February 2-8, June 1-8 Sanger was a new partnership last year and we have loved having them walk with us. This year they will be coming twice to work alongside the church in Las Brisas.
- The Avenue: March 13-19 The Avenue Church has partnered with Rio de Dios in Gracias since 2012. The two churches have worked since then visiting homes, hosting medical clinics, worship training, ministering to local schools, and constructing a new church building.
- Southside Baptist Church: March 13-17 New Partnership!
- Zavala Baptist Church: July 1-8 Zavala has partnered with Chimis
- FBC Marble Falls: July 8-15 First Baptist Church Marble Falls has a partnership with Iglesia Agua Viva in San Isidro. These churches worked together to visit homes, host a medical education class, and lead a children’s ministry training event.
- Taylor’s Valley Baptist Church: July 8-15 Taylor’s Valley Baptist Church partners with Rio de Dios, Las Acacias. These churches have visited homes and worked to further develop the children’s ministry.
- The Gathering: July 15-22 The Gathering Church began a partnership this year with The Bridge Family in the village Rio Grande to construct a pila. They will also begin a partnership with a church in a village called Mongual.
- FBC Gordon: June 15-22 First Baptist Church Gordon has partnered for the last five years with Jehova Es Mi Pastor in San Isidro. These churches have visited homes, repaired the walls of the church building, worked with the children and lead a children’s ministry training event.
- IGo: July 10-17 New Partnership!
- FBC West: July 23-29 First Baptist Church West has partnered for the past three years with Pastor Trini in Santa Elena and San Pedrito. They visited homes and worked to further develop the children’s ministry.
- FBC Teague: July 24-28 Last year, Teague partnered with Don Felipe’s family to help them build a chicken coop for a sustainable income. This year they will continue that relationship as well as build new ones.
- Waxahachie Bible Church: July 30-August 5 WBC has partnered with the church in Cenicera for the past four years. They have visited homes, worked with the children, and led a children’s ministry training event.
- FBC Red Oak: August 12-18 Red Oak is partnering with La Meande to visit homes and work to develop the children’s ministry.
- Bluff Dale Baptist Church: To be announced Bluff Dale teamed up with Abundant Life Christian School to help train teachers and lead a retreat for the students. They will be returning this year to continue this training.
Opportunities to Meet Individual Needs:
- Elsi – For the past two years we have been working with a little girl from the Village of Santa Elena. Elsi has been suffering from a severe cleft palate. In 2014, Elsi received the first surgery to correct the cleft plate. In 2015, Elsi received a second surgery, but unfortunately the surgery was unsuccessful. In February 2016, Elsi will receive a third surgery to correct the cleft plate through Project Sonrisa in Tegucigalpa.
- Jerzon – We have been working with Jerzon for the past year. Jerzon has a rare genetic condition that is currently affecting his face. Over the last year, we have helped Jerzon with his medical needs and sought out medical professionals from Honduras and the United States. In February 2016, Jerzon will travel to meet with the top doctors in Honduras.
- Hunger Farm – Since arriving in Honduras, it has been our dream to start a hunger farm. In 2015, that dream became a reality. We began the farm in January by digging a large pond to raise tilapia. In June 2015, we planted corn and beans. It is our hope to continue to develop the farm. It is also our vision to see the local Honduran people maintain the farm. This year we are asking everyone who receives help through our crisis relief ministry to donate their time to help develop the farm. We currently need funding to continue to develop the Hunger Farm for projects such as a chicken coop.
- Rosa Castro Scholarship Fund – Rosa Castro is a previous student at Vida Abudante Escuela in Gracias. She is working towards her nursing degree at Navarro College in Texas. She has played a large role in our ministry here and we look to see great things happen in her life. However, Rosa is in need of $4000 to finish paying for her college for the year.
- First Aid- We are desperate need of first aid training for our teachers at Abundant Life Christian School as well as our staff. If you can fulfill this need, please let us know.
- Diagnostician/ Speech therapist- Abundant Life Christian School is in need of a diagnostician and a speech therapist to come to the school for a week. This is a huge need as students who struggle in school have little support educationally. We would like to change this. Please feel free to share this need!
61 Isaiah Ministries is currently seeking partnerships for the following villages:
- Iglesai Elim in Rancho Visbo, Lempira
- Igelsia Rio de Dios in San Lucas, San Manuel, Lempira
- Village of Guanaspal, Lempira
- The area of San Juan, Itibuca